Children are welcome to bring in a packed lunch or we are able to offer a nutritious hot meal prepared by Dolce Ltd. The menu is on a three week cycle and offers pupils the choice of a meat, vegetarian or light bite option each day. Meals can be ordered online - please contact the school office for login information.
Please note - at present, Dolce are offering a 'Grab & Go' packed lunch provision. This will be re-evaluated after October half term.
We encourage our children to make healthy food choices and ask that packed lunches include a drink (not fizzy) and do not contain sweets or chocolate.
From September 2014 all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in state-funded schools in England are eligible for free school meals (FSM). Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in key stage 2 will continue as now, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria.
In England, children at key stages 2-4 in state-funded schools are also entitled to receive FSM if their parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For all pupils who are entitled to free school meals the school receives additional funding from central government. This additional funding is used specifically to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. In the 2019/20 financial year this funding equates to £1,320 per eligible pupil.
Even if you do not wish your child to have the meals; by confirming eligibility, the school can still claim Pupil Premium funding that will be used to help your child.